Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"This Economy"

I remember last year when the bottom fell out and newpaper headlines were big, bold expressions of a culmination of events (over decades) that said JOBLESS RECOVERY, IT'S OVER, ALL TIME LOW and so on. Many people were using the term "in this economy" and I say this only because I don't hear the phrase very often It must be in our nature to quell our collective anxiety by both exaggerating the dire circumstances of our time while waiting in an ideal mind  for "things to get back to the way they were."

We are not going back and I guess the alternative is to go forward. My family and friends are experiencing the thrill of new opportunity and the agony job searching in a time when there is more work to do than ever and the jobs (what to do) are less visible. 

 

 

 

Posted via web from Career Power!

No comments: